As we approach winter, it can depressing but as the old saying goes “ winter miles.
means summer smiles.
Snow, darkness, downpours…. Winter can be very challenging and great at the same time. With some bike and clothing prep, the cold days can be comfortable and exciting.
Here are some tips for making your winter rides more enjoyable:
Basic tips for biking in winter:
- As the season's changes, tune your bicycle and switch to tubing your bike
- Get some mudguards
- Ensure your lights are working
- Check your brake pads
- Studded tired or heavy tread will help too
- Get yourself clothing that is bright and visible even some cycling gloves
- Shoe covers will help maintain your shoes.
Show your bike some love:
Giving your bike some Tender Loving Care during winter will keep you safe. Start by keeping your bike clean after a ride to prolong the life of your bike. Booking service to make sure your safety isn’t put at risk.
- Pedals – To make sure you can continue safely on your journey – getting pedal grips will ensure your feet do not slip. As your shoes are wet it is easier for your feet to slip from the bike pedal.
- Tyres – Softer tyres are safer on wet roads compared to hard tyres. So, using wide, smooth tyres you can maximise the amount of contact which helps with grip on the road.