Concussions are quite common in all sports and more likely to happen among cyclists.
Your brain gets a mild traumatic injury by a direct hit on your head or body. When your head hits the floor, your brain shakes and causes the brain cells to damage.
There is no specific amount of force that causes, and concussion says, experts. Even though a small fall or bump may seem harmless it is important to take a small hit just as serious.
After numerous concussions, if treated correctly, will not lead to any long-term damage.
After a big fall, it is best not to get back on the bike as your thinking, reaction time and balance could be affected – which can cause you to top crash again.
You will get tested by the doctor asking you many questions about your history with headaches, anxiety, and any impairments that you may be experiencing. He or she will do an examination to test your memory, attention span, vision & balance.
major red flags symptoms such as amnesia, loss of vision, repeated vomiting, paralysis, or even seizures. This is more severe traumatic brain injuries.
CAN A CONCUSSIONS AFFECT MY MENTAL HEALTH?
Yes, it can affect your mental health and wellbeing. Always seek professional help.
A performance helmet ergonomically designed for comfortable mountain bike riding.
- Est standard: CE EN 1078
- PC+EPS in-mold technology
- Removable VISOR
- Closure system: F-FIT
- Strap, narrow, 12.5mm (half an inch), bamboo weave, soft
- pads: anti-bacterial, breathable, memorable foam
- lock buckle in black
- F-fit system adjustment, the color of the dial: Red-->black
- Multi-Position Design: For optimal aerodynamics regardless of head tilt
- Forced Air Cooling Technology: Well-thought-out ventilation system for an optimal head climate
- FlowStraps: Aerodynamic, flutter-free, and skin-friendly thanks to the specially developed belt profile
- Zoom Ace: Fine adjustable adjustment system with a handy adjustment wheel for an individual fit
- AirPort: Aerodynamic glasses holder with temple guide
- Multi Shell In Mold: For safe shock absorption
- Ponytail compatibility: Helmet well suited for pigtail wearers
Have fun out on the trails but also be aware of your surroundings. Watch out for rocks, trees even cars if you ride out on the road. Not listening to music while riding will help you be fully aware of everything around you.